CPD Credit: 6.5 hours, C2
This course aims to provide participants with the broad overview of the energy landscape, its fundamentals and the evolving factors that will change the energy sector in Ireland and globally.
The energy industry is evolving at a record pace. With technological innovation and industry structure changing constantly, risks and opportunities within the sector are becoming more challenging for players to manoeuvre.
This course is designed to provide a wide breadth of energy issues, including the fundamentals and evolving factors within the energy supply chain, policy and regulation, market structure, economics and the emerging trends in technologies, consumer behaviour and business models. The course primarily focuses on the electricity sector, however due to the increasingly integrated and complex energy systems, the course will also include energy requirements impacting heating and transport sectors. High level impacts of COVID-19 on the energy sector as will also be discussed.
After the course, the participants should be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of energy market, including its supply chain, economics and regulation.
- Understand the economics of electricity wholesale price formation.
- Understand the basic economics of the complete supply-chain of electricity, from generation, transmission, distribution to retail supply.
- Understand Ireland’s decarbonisation targets and options available to policy makers.
- Gain an overview of the emerging trends in technologies.
- Gain an appreciation of the changing energy landscape and potential impacts for business and residential energy supplies.
Who should attend?
Energy Managers, Consulting Engineers, Civil Engineers, Local Authority Engineers, Environmental Consultants and all those interested in gaining more insights in the energy sector.
Eric Khoo – Energy Modelling Manager – ESB
Eric has over 20 years’ experience within the energy sector involving engineering, commercial and economic capacity. He is currently the energy modelling manager within ESB. Eric has a BEng in mechanical engineering and is a member of Engineers Ireland (MIEI). He also qualified with an MBA and is a charterholder of Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA).
Luke Brady, Saint Gobain: “Very good insight into the dynamics and drivers of both the Irish and EU energy markets”
- “Excellent provider, excellent knowledge, and engagement. Really valuable.”
- “Very well presented, broad range of topics covered on a topical subject”
- “Eric very good”
- “Very useful. Thanks”
- “Excellent presenter. Extremely interesting content. Well delivered. Greater interaction between participants and between participants and presenter”
- “Eric’s delivery was excellent. Really interesting and informative”
- “Very comprehensive and professionally delivered”
Engineers Ireland supports the Sustainable Development Goals. This event contributes to Engineers Ireland's Sustainability Framework.
Please contact the Team for further information on scheduled course dates and In-Company options. You can reach us by phone: 01 665 1305 or email email@example.com