CPD Credit: 6.5 hours, C1
This course aims to provide candidates with a comprehensive explanation of the background to Eurocode 2 and provide practical worked examples for design of structural concrete elements.
Eurocode 2 is the new design standard for the design of elements in concrete buildings. This course will provide background to the provisions in the code and explain how to apply them to building structures. Practical workshop sessions allow delegates to get to grips with the details and be confident of using Eurocode 2 for real projects. The course will recognise the established practises of BS 8110 and highlight differences and key areas of consideration for the practicing structural engineer.
Background to the Codes
Comparisons with BS 8110
Basis of Design and interaction with EN 1990 & EN 1991
Materials and Cover
Slabs and Flat Slabs
Deflection and Crack Control
Q & A
How to undertake the design of basic reinforced concrete structures to Eurocode 2
The principal differences between Eurocode 2 and BS8110
Have an appreciation of the Eurocode suite and their impact on design practice
The practicalities of design using Eurocode 2
Who Should Attend?
Consulting Engineers with some experience of designing structures and structural elements. Engineers with practical experience of using BS 8110. Engineer seeking an overview of the code to understand and manage current design standards. Some knowledge of concrete design and Eurocodes 0 and 1 would be useful but not essential. A calculator and pencil are essential, but other required materials will be provided.
- “Very good and informative, well delivered”
- “Really good, very informative”
- “Excellent, engaging speaker”
- “Very good experience”
- “Very good”
- “Informative and interesting. Well presented. Varied. Technical, good examples, but not too ‘heavy’.”
- “Good course well delivered, good examples”
- “Very good, concise and simplified”
- “Very informative”
- “Course was excellent and material received was exactly what was required.”
- Georgina Molloy, Scaffold Design Ireland: “Very engaging. Giving us example questions to do at home without answers is good and give answers separately.”
- Hilliard Tanner, Tanner Structural Designs Ltd.: “Excellent delivery of a technical subject at a pace that was just right and allowed adequate time for questions.”
Please contact the Team for further information on scheduled course dates and In-Company options. You can reach us by phone: 01 665 1305 or email firstname.lastname@example.org