CPD Credit: 35 PMP Contact hours, C3
This course is the start of the process to achieve Project Management Professional (PMP) certification. It is run in conjunction with the Centre for Project Management, University of Limerick.
Those completing this programme can claim 35 hours formal project management education, which is one of the pre-requisites for sitting the Project Management Professional Certification exam with the PMI.
The course fee includes a hard copy version of ‘A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) – Sixth Edition’ as well as additional course material.
- Gain an appreciation of project strategies, approaches and methodologies
- Develop a focused project plan to manage implementation
- Develop schedule and cost control baselines
- Develop a results-driven project management team
- Manage project risks using standard templates
- Avoid conflict by establishing roles, responsibilities and communications channels
- Develop effective measures for scheduling and controlling projects
- Establish a dependable project control monitoring system
The course consists of two modules, each module lasting two days. Attendance at module 1 is a prerequisite to attending module 2. There is a gap of 4 weeks between modules to allow some application of the techniques after the initial sessions. There will be pre-course work and work during the course required to gain the certificate of attendance.
Course content is structured against the five key project management phases & processes:
- Unit 1 – Project initiation
- Unit 2 – Project planning
- Unit 3 – Project implementation
- Unit 4 – Project control
- Unit 5 – Project closure
Who Should Attend?
This course will be of interest to those individuals who seek to gain knowledge and ability in this important management discipline. It will be of importance to all individuals working within a projects-driven company or for those in contemporary organisations that handle projects from time to time. It will be of interest to all those wishing to advance their management careers.
This course offers the participant the opportunity to start the process to achieve Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
Declan Cunningham is one of Ireland’s top tutors on the subject of Project Management for engineers. He brings more than 25 years national and international experience as a senior-level Project Manager. He completed a Masters Degree in Project Management in the University of Limerick (UL) and now develops and delivers numerous project management training projects with the Centre for Project Management in UL.
- Deirdre Conway, Tullow Oil: “Excellent online. No hassle joining... very easy and would recommend going forward”
- Eoghan Ó Scanaill, ESB Networks: “Really enjoyed it. Breaks given at appropriate times and level of interaction was good. Declan adapted this course very well to online.”
- William Brennan, Ensen Ltd.: “I thought the course was well delivered. I found it enjoyable”
- James Swords, Tipperary County Council: “I found the delivery and content excellent. It was one of the best and most enjoyable courses I have done. Very professional delivery and practical guidance.”
- Matthew Green, Bord na Móna: "Really enjoyed the course. Declan’s presentation style was energetic, clear, and concise and his use of stories from his experience was very relevant and entertaining."
- Emer Donnelly, Nicholas O’Dwyer Ltd.: "Certainly a worthwhile course to undertake and I felt I benefited from having had previous experience in Project Management. The formal training really made sense of the steps involved. Declan was very knowledgeable and very engaging, and I would certainly recommend the course to others."
- "Excellent course with excellent delivery from Declan. Hugely beneficial for my career progression."
- "Declan is a gifted instructor providing the right amount of industry experience and examples. I would highly recommend this programme"
In-Company Programme Testimonials
John Fitzgerald, EirGrid: "We in EirGrid have run a number of Project Management programmes organised by Engineers Ireland. The content of these programmes and the professionalism of the trainer were excellent. We regard our partnership with Engineers Ireland in Continuing Professional Development as a key component of our strategy to develop as a Centre of Excellence in the effective and timely delivery of grid infrastructure."
Clodagh McConnell, Irish Naval Service: "We have an extensive relationship with Engineers Ireland and our ongoing corporate CPD programme requires good liaison. The CPD training team have been pivotal in this regard [running the Project Management course], we acknowledge their hard work and constant attention to detail."
Please contact the Team for further information on scheduled course dates and In-Company options. You can reach us by phone: 01 665 1305 or email firstname.lastname@example.org