CPD Credit: 15 Hours, C3
The Project Management Professional (PMP) exam is offered by the Project Management Institute (PMI), who have been acknowledged as pioneers in the field. Their membership represents a truly global community with more than 500,000 professionals, representing 185 countries. The PMP is the profession's most globally recognized and respected credential.
This is an intense three-day course leading to delegates sitting the Project Management Professional exam with the PMI. This course is aimed at those wishing to gain the qualification and to understand the terminology and principles behind the methods.
This course provides a comprehensive walk through of all of the PMBOK knowledge and process areas. The programme has been revised and updated in line with the PMBOK 6th edition (2017).
NOTE: The PMBOK 6th edition as it is not included in the fee for this course.
- Review of the application & certification process
- Project Phases & Process Groups
- Project Scope Management
- Project Time Management
- Scheduling Tools & Techniques
- Project Cost Management
- Earned Value Workshop
- Project Quality Management
- Project Human Resource Management
- Project Communication Management
- Project Stakeholder Management
- Project Risk Management
- Project Procurement Management
- Social and Professional Responsibilities
- Final Review
On completion you will
- Have a thorough understanding of the principles and processes described in the PMBOK.
- Be able to cite the ten essential processes, their sub-processes and where each process fits into the five process groups etc.
- Understand the major tools and techniques described in the PMBOK.
- Be familiar with the type of questions regularly posed in the PMP exam (all sessions are complemented with sets of typical questions).
- Complete a simulation PMP exam at the end of the course.
Who should attend?
Project managers and project team leaders/members who have several years project experience and who feel they have the necessary exposure but require assistance and direction to pass the examination.
Participants must be familiar with the basic elements of work breakdown structures, activity network diagrams and activity duration estimating, cost estimating, contracting, leadership and team development, quality management, risk, earned value management, and procurement.
Declan Cunningham is one of Ireland’s top tutors on the subject of Project Management for engineers. He brings more than 25 years national and international experience as a senior-level Project Manager. He completed a Masters Degree in Project Management in the University of Limerick (UL) and now develops and delivers numerous project management training projects with the Centre for Project Management in UL.
- “Good, intense course, very useful material. Excellent instructor with real world experience.”
- “Excellent, enjoyable and very intensive”
- “Very well delivered and good coverage of subject material”
- “Course very good, got a good insight into the PMP thinking”
- “Excellent stepping stone on the way to PMP qualification”
- “Well organised and designed for getting into exam-ready mode for PMP – highly recommended”
- Seán Fitzgerald, Mercury Engineering: “Declan, as always, has amazing delivery skills”
- Mark O’Halloran, EM3 Ltd.: “Intense 3-day course focused on PMP Exam Preparation. As expected, excellent preparation for the exam.”
Engineers Ireland supports the Sustainable Development Goals. This event contributes to Engineers Ireland's Sustainability Framework.
Please contact the Team for further information on scheduled course dates and In-Company options. You can reach us by phone: 01 665 1305 or email firstname.lastname@example.org