CPD Credit: 6.5 hours, C1
This one-day course provides an overview of the fundamentals of the hydrological analyses undertaken during flood risk management studies in Ireland.The course compliments the one-day ‘Hydraulics in Flood Risk Management’ course (scheduled to be held on the following day).
The course focuses on the core principles and methods for defining floods, in terms of magnitude and their frequency/probability of occurrence, with a view to generating hydrological inputs for hydraulic modelling.
Concepts and Available Data
Statistical Hydrology (Flood frequency analysis)
Rainfall Runoff Modelling
Low Flow Hydrology and useful resources
Who Should Attend?
This course is intended for anyone who requires an introduction to, or develop their basic knowledge of, hydrology in flood risk management.
Brendan is a Senior Associate within the Water and Environment Section of RPS. He is experienced in all aspects of hydrological and hydraulic analysis including hydrological studies, numerical river modelling, river infrastructure design, flood risk assessment, flood risk management, feasibility and economic assessments and sustainable drainage systems. Brendan’s main area of expertise is in the delivery of hydrological analysis for a range of studies from strategic to development level. Brendan is also experienced in the development and design of hydrological analysis methods and training courses for hydrology.
- Francis Kenna, Office of Public Works: “Very well presented”
- Brian O'Sullivan, Denis O'Sullivan & Associates: “Very well presented and explained”
- Kagiso Selaledi, Byrne Looby: “Well-structured course”
- “Presenter was good and would recommend highly”
- “Well structured and met my expectations”
- “Well prepared and presented”
- “Information in course was very useful”
- “Brendan is really knowledgeable and covered good material.”
- “Great content and material”
Engineers Ireland supports the Sustainable Development Goals. This event contributes to Engineers Ireland's Sustainability Framework.
Please contact the Team for further information on scheduled course dates and In-Company options. You can reach us by phone: 01 665 1305 or email email@example.com