CPD Credit: 6 hours, C1
The vast majority of people have experience of being part of a team, whether in work, while studying, or in sport. However far fewer have experience of being part of or managing a High Performance winning team. The only luck involved in High Performance teams is the luck that the team creates for itself through well-orchestrated effort.
Your Team can give your organisation its competitive advantage. Shared Values, Goals, Clear Roles & Responsibilities are among the essential ingredients for team success.
This one-day programme will help participants gain a greater understanding of the key aspects, skills and behaviours required to create and maintain a High Performing Team.
- Achieve an understanding of the principles and best practices of creating High Performing Teams
- Learn how to become a good team player, understand how to build positive working relationships, and recognise what you can bring to a team
- Learn how to recognise and proactively address conflict in a team
- Understand the Manager’s role in building and managing effective teams
- How you can contribute more effectively to the team
- What is a TEAM?
- Essential elements of working as a Team
- Examining Values and the impact of team members personalities and behaviours
- Agreeing on the common Goal
- Characteristics of High Performing effective Teams
- TEAM Life cycles
- Balancing Team Roles
- Understanding Roles & Responsibilities
- Shared responsibility – teamwork
- Understanding dependencies
- Project Charter / Strategy agreement (project management)
- Dealing with Team Conflict
- Managing People… Your Leadership and Management Style
- The importance of Communication and timely constructive feedback
- Creating a Climate which promotes high performance.
- The team managers’ COACHING role
Phil Kildea is a trainer, business mentor and executive coach with over 20 years training experience. He works with clients from a broad range of industries in the private and public sectors. He specialises in Performance Management, Negotiation & Selling Skills, Management Skills, Interpersonal Skills, Personal Development and Customer Care.
Phil has a very energetic, participative delivery style, and proactively encourages the best from his course participants. He has been successfully delivering training on behalf of Engineers Ireland since 2007 helping Engineers to develop and enhance their skills in a range of key competences.
He has several qualifications including a Masters of Business Administration, Bachelor of Business Studies (1st Class Hons), a Graduateship in Marketing from MII, a National Diploma in Personnel Management, Graduate Diploma in Executive Coaching and Certificates in Training and Continuing Education. Phil is a certified NLP master practitioner. He also lectures part time in Business Policy for the Institute of Public Administration.
- “Well-presented by Phil”
- “Great introduction. Lots more to develop and learn”
- “Very interesting and interactive approach by Phil, [he] kept [our] attention for the day”
- “Very beneficial, inclusive and interactive”
- “The course covered much more than what I expected. It was very enjoyable, and I gained a lot from it”
Please contact the Team for further information on scheduled course dates and In-Company options. You can reach us by phone: 01 665 1305 or email email@example.com