CPD Credit: 7 hours, C4
In an environment with an ever-increasing amount of information, new methods of communicating, more pressure to achieve results efficiently and how we communicate with various stakeholders is critical to our personal and organisational success.
To improve the communication skills of participants by understanding the components of communications, the barriers to effective communication and developing plans to improve the output of communication in various work-related scenarios.
On completion of the programme, participants will be able to:
- Know the components in a communication system
- Understand the barriers to effective communication and develop solutions for these
- Know the channels of communication and be able to select the most appropriate one for various scenarios
- Understand the importance of non-verbal communication
- Practise effective communication for a work-based situation
- Identifying the components of a communication system and the barriers that arise
- Developing solutions for environmental, organizational, emotional and cultural barriers
- Identifying the pros and cons of the key channels of communication and selecting the most appropriate channel for various situations
- Knowing the importance of body language and tone in face-to-face communication
- Practising active listening and clear speaking for a work-based situation
Dave Conway has over 25 years’ experience as a trainer and manager in the education, semi-conductor and financial services sectors. He is an executive and business coach, as well as a consultant providing a range of training and facilitation services across the business spectrum.
Dave has worked as a training professional and people manager and has delivered a range of training programmes from governance and compliance to residential management skills courses.
Dave’s delivery style is highly interactive and his experience in facilitating adult learning over many years has proven itself time and time again. From team building through to people management, each course is filled with fun and challenging learning, and elicits the unique experience of the participants.
Dave has a graduate diploma in training and development (awarded by the University of Leicester), a diploma in executive and personal coaching (awarded by ECSL), on top of his original qualification in electronics (awarded by Dublin Institute of Technology). All of the above have been awarded with distinction.
- Dónal McDonagh, Clearstream Technologies: "Probably one of the best courses I have participated in. Highly recommend!"
- Vincent McKenna, Monaghan County Council: "Very useful course and well delivered. Good opportunities for participant involvement, good learning environment."
- Chris Dore, Unipipe (Irl) Ltd.: "Dave is a very enthusiastic trainer, who imparted really good information. I would highly recommend Dave and the course to colleagues."
- "Excellent delivery of the course. Instructor has brilliant ability to engage audience."
Please contact the Team for further information on scheduled course dates and In-Company options. You can reach us by phone: 01 665 1305 or email email@example.com